Monday, April 10, 2006

Hungry for Entertainment

Hungry for Entertainment
VH Melville

There’s been a lot of buzz about too thin celebrities. Being too thin by starving yourself is unhealthy.
The big problem is the tabloids. They will call someone who has a good weight at 5 three and 125 pounds fat. We have to stop buying these papers that try to make healthy feel ugly. We have to stop buying tabloids that put emaciated women on the cover.
I had to lose weight for health but some people need to gain weight for health.
The whole “Nothing Tastes Better Than Thin” is a lie than can be harmful. What about health? What about strength?
I want you to take care of yourself. I want you to love yourself.
You are not beautiful if you lose twenty pounds. You are beautiful now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly. My mom buys them occasionally. I just shake my head.I don't read them. I think we all have an off day now and then when we are too critical of ourselves. I'm having fewer and fewer of those days. I can see in helping others, I'm helping myself.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Not buying the magazines has helped me. Another thing that has helped me has been getting rid of basic cable TV. No commercials for food. No unhealthy looking TV stars. I am living more instead of watching. I still can enjoy myself with netflix.

VH Melville

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm hooked on a few shows...such as Survivor, The Great Race, Dancing with the Stars, and Ghost Whisperer. I use the commercials to do dishes, throw laundry in the dryer, get a cold drink, etc.

Living life is so much better than watching it for sure.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.