Friday, May 05, 2006

Portions: The Cupcakes Are Calling Me

By VH Melville
One of my biggest problems is cake. I sort of see cake as one great big delicious serving. That is why simply making smaller cupcakes and mini bunt cakes has been helpful to me.

I stick them un-iced in the freezer. I use regular pudding in the mix cake mix. I make them lighter by using 2 egg whites and 12 ounces of water. Bake like the box says. They do not need oil to even come out.

To frost: You can use pudding, frosting. Sugar free jam, and coolwhip free mixed with sugar free pudding mix.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea....I'm going to try this. I've written down your substitutes. Are you adding regular pudding to a regular cake mix? How long are can you freeze them?

5:32 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I add nothing but water and the egg whites. Most cheap mixes have pudding in the mix. I bet a mix without pudding would be even lighter but I haven’t tried it.
I use freezer bags made for freezing food. I have had them up to two or three weeks but I am not sure how long they last after that. I don’t freeze them frosted but the coolwhp free SF pudding mix icing stores okay in the fridge. I don’t know when it goes bad.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank you...I've got tons of freezer bags...bought them day after xmas for half price. It's suppose to be cold and rainy here again tomorrow...good day for baking.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.