Monday, May 21, 2007

Sweet News: The Secret:, thankful list

Sweet News
I got mentioned on candy's Weight loss blog. http://weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/2007/05/iportion.html#comments
Candy wrote about my coments about starting over and taking baby steps.



The Secret:
I watched the video for the secret but haven’t read the book. It seems key things are missing and a few things dead wrong. Parts were inspiring and Motivating. Some people like Jack Canfield were enlightening but some others were not so successful or got their success through outright fraud. I loved the focus on being positive like being pro peace instead of being anti war. Instead of being anti drugs and alcohol be pro clean living.
I thoroughly enjoyed some of the philosophers but the metaphysician is a complete moron. Not everything that goes wrong in your life you brought on yourself. Child abuse and neglect victims are not at fault for their parents addictions and actions. People who are struck by drunk drivers are not at fault if a drunk driver hits their car. Also I believe doctors might be inspired to create a medicine to benefit you not just other’s like you but you.
The real truth is that not everything we want and that is sometimes a great thing. Children who get too much things in childhood without any sense of want are more likely to be depressed in
Vision Boards don’t always work. I did the vision board when I was 20 to visualize my best selling. The book in my vision board though a good book got reads from a major publisher it was never picked up. Other books I didn’t do vision boards for at least found publishers Sometimes wishing is not good enough. I found out later being a best seller and being famous though I wanted it at the time is not what I needed. I just needed to write and make a little extra money from it.


Thankful List
Husband
Water
naps

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since "The Secret" is as big as it is, the next best thing would be a book questioning it's theories. Of course I'm sure there's already something out there but if one of your dreams is to have a best-seller, maybe writing one to counter-act the anger and frustration some have had towards the secret may be the way to go.

3:10 PM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

i've been meaning to check out the secret just to see what it's about. i think your views on it are interesting.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Losing Weight: said...

iportion~
I am just the opposite...I read the book, "The Secret" but I didn't see the movie. As with any book, the reader not always gains the exact same meaning as is the author's intent. We each bring background knowledge, life experiences, varied intelligence, and pockets of content-area knowledge each time we read a piece of information. This explains why two people can read the same thing and extract different meaning from it. That is why I always hated high school English class when the teacher "told" me what the book meant.

I enjoyed reading the book for the sheer fun of it. Some of it was worth thinking about and other parts seemed extremely hokey(not sure if I spelled that right!)

Bottom line...read the book....it is interesting. To me the book tried to illustrate....you can attract positive outcomes in your life if you think positively. We know for SURE this holds true for weight loss! If you think you can lose the weight....YOU CAN! If you think you are going to fail...YOU WILL!

On a side note, I think I told you that I am writing a children's book with a friend. We just finished the last chapter this week. If you have any helpful pointers for finding a publisher...I would love to hear them!

Candee

6:49 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Krissy and NIUiceprincess
I am actually reading the book the secret is based on and need to get started on that again but I keep getting interrupted. It’s called Science of getting rich.


Candee
the DVD is much like the book then. Some parts were really good other parts were way hokey. They gave the Meta-Physician too much air time.


Most of the market’s in children’s are hard to get into. I get more money which isn’t s lot
by publishing free stories on high end children’s sites. Then others rent the story for class room software projects and school tests. I do have books on disk and a print YA with a very small publisher. I have a papper back coming out for a picture back if you have an email adress I can give you more info.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Also there are free ways to self publish. I think you can make books on caffe press but I am not sure about picture books.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Losing Weight: said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.