Saturday, May 19, 2007

Meetings, Online or With a Book?, Binging and Exercise, Thankful list

Meetings, Online or with a Book?

Did you lose or are you losing with Meetings, an online program or with a book?


Books:
I will start out with books. I love diet books but I find them the hardest to follow in the long run but some are amazing and have helped people who don’t like meetings.
Some books that make me scratch my head. Some diet authors have little concept of water gain. I read an excerpt of one such book said that if you gained more than 2 pounds in an evening you ate too many carbs. I almost died laughing. There are people who ate little of any carbs who had huge water gains in the evening but lost that and more the next day. People can weigh up to six pounds heavier at any given time.

Do you have a favorite or least favorite diet book?


Online:
Do you do an online weight loss program like WW online, Richard Simmons, spark people, ediets or calorie king? Did you maintain?
What did you like? I am thinking of joining calorie king in September. I moved and no longer have access to weight watcher meetings. The healthy weight meetings
We had here fizzled. I did well OA online but I need something that offered me an eating plan. I quit due to a loss of a friend and I didn’t feel chatty.
I regret losing one of my OA lists because there were neat people on it.


Meetings:
Do you do or did weight loss meetings?
Is there anything you liked or didn’t like?
I lost with weight watchers and felt it was pretty good.


Tops
Weight watchers
Weigh Down
OA




Binging and Exercise:
I am trying something different not to lose weight but just not to binge. I want to halter my binging
I strength trained today or rather will for a few minutes after this post.

Update: I did my weights and went on a picnic lucnh and just got a gift. Lunch was full of fatty goodness. I did not ad more mayo to the sub though. It came with mayo already on.


Thankful list
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for apples
I am thankful for back rubs

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I belong to weight watchers & I do use all of their online tools, which I find very helpful. I also considered going to an OA meeting, in addition to ww, but then my kids had health issues. I will probably still go, just for some more help.

Also, I really enjoyed Dr. Phil's weight loss book. He explained things really well & I often use tips from him combined with what I learn at my ww meetings.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using WW Online and I love it. Being a web geek, I certainly appreciate how wonderful their site is.

I will probably attend meetings in the future as well.

Great blog - you have new avid reader!

Peace,
Adam

10:58 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Thank you both for responding.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.