Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Life, a Poem and a Tip Tag.

I can’t get my msn messenger to work on this comp. I miss chatting with webgrl and doing my weekly Wi’s. I liked the accountability a weekly weigh in brings me.

I wrote this for my ex weight watchers leaders. I thought I’d share this and a tip.

Path by Path
VH Melville
Each moss covered stone path
Has maps pointing which ways to go
Paths first walked by another and another before

We will not get to those places of joy and health if we refuse to move
We cannot fly if we bundle our wings in twine and hide in rusted cages
To invent maps for others or at least to fly we must accept as true
That we can be our dream

Nourish the parts of our soul that cannot be fed by bits of stale cake
Take those steps
Unwrap those wings and fly

Each moss covered stone path
Maps pointing which to go
First walked by another and another before
Go path by path with two maps only one is unrecorded


Tip Tag
Place a tip on being healthy on your blog. The tip can be subtitle or obvious. I am posting two today but you may post as many as you want.

Caffeine is said to make some people hungrier. Check if you are hungrier the more diet soda you drink. Switch to a caffeine free diet soda and see if that helps.

Do not fret if your home weigh is different than your weigh in weight there is a big difference between scales and you can also gain 6 pounds of fake weight in a day and lose it by the next morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

First of all, I am glad you feel pretty :) It's such a beautiful feeling!

Thank you so much for sharing your poetry. This was very inspiring, so true.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend.

xoxoxox

6:11 PM  
Blogger diet dilemma magmem style said...

Hi Iportion, thanks for the v&c. Soon as I get this computer fixed, I will get back into using the computer for other than just posting on my blog. I see you are still doing good. I too miss the computer communication I was doing before. Got to leave before my computer freezes. Bless you.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love your poem. It fits all areas of a person's life. You know....you always make me THINK!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is a wonderful poem. You are so right about the scales. The scales at my gym weighs me 5 lbs heavier than my scales at home!!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.