Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We Struggle, We Learn

We Struggle, We Learn
VH Melville
I’ve been struggling lately and it was hard to exercise in the past few days. I was able to get in my daily walk today and feel strong and blessed. I am looking a lot healthier and I am so glad my headache and nausea is gone. I made that pizza cookie again. This one wasn’t as good as before last time I cooked it longer to make it a little crispier. My lower calorie chocolate chip cookies are great and I plan to share that recipe once I’ve made it more.
I am thinking of getting some cooking DVD’s off of Amazon.

We all have had times that we struggle more than others. Sometimes we let one day completely derail us. We often derail ourselves willingly by taking breaks choosing complicated or unhealthy diet plans we can’t do in the long run. I realize even though I am now in a thinner body I still have to do this for the long hall. Sometimes we are jealous of the people who eat nothing but junk and lots of it and are thin. This doesn’t always mean healthy you can be thin on the outside and not healthy, weight is not the only gage of health. I used to be jealous of the people who’s eating wasn’t broken and eat normally. Having broken eating stinks it really does and I know that but I want a life where I can be happy and deal. Maybe my eating is broken so I can help others and be helped by others. Maybe my eating is broken so I can read the beautiful messages through these blogs.
Fast Food Challenge: How is everyone going on that?

12 Comments:

Blogger Bex said...

Thank you for this post, I love it. You are beautiful and you do helo me so very much. You're the best.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Arindana said...

Keep going girl. And just remember that there are tons of people who are skinny and who like crap and you are better off. you are what you eat and if you eat crap then you'll look and feel like crap (self-talk moment here)

Fast food challenge is fine. I haven't set foot in McD's and when I was at applebee's today for lunch (first time ever going - we don't have in Canada) I had the chicken fajiita wrap which came with fries but the fries were scarce (which surprised me) but that was a very good thing. I was stuffed. Too stuffed to even have supper tonight. i'll grab something lighter later.

i did have two small squares of pizza for lunch on the run the other day but does that count? And my folks ordered chinese last night which isn't the healthiest but I kept my portions within reason.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa S. Green said...

Hmmm, I don't think that my way of eating is broken. It was broken, & now it's fixed. No fast food here.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Thank you all
Becky you are sweetheat
Arindana smaller portions can be so helpfull

Mel my eating great now but I still have ro journal or I will slide into my old ways.

1:28 AM  
Blogger TrixieBelden said...

I've been a little fastfood fanatic the past two days. Yesterday I had 2 McDonald's hamburgers & 8 Chick Filet "chicken" nuggets for lunch and today I had two Taco Bell soft tacos for lunch. Today was definitely better than yesterday. I could have done without the nuggets. I avoided the fries! (Yah!) I have recorded it all in my food journal, no cheating. I don't know how I feel about my little fastfood feast. I feel guilty, but calorie wise it wasn't the worst decision I've ever made and I did balance it out with healthy dinners (salads and chicken breasts). We'll see what tomorrow brings.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Trixie
Many people just give up and not journal. Journaling it all is a good thing.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Iportion, Thanks for the v&c. I will think about your advice for the wedding banquet but I'm not too sure I want half of a piece of cake? I am glad your are improving in how you feel. Funny how the thinking has to be changed as well as the body to be healthy. Bless you.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

You are so right, we do all have had times that we struggle more than others. In the past, I have let one day completely derail me. But I look at this a journey to a healthier me now. That helps me keep the long haul in mind.
Fast Food Challenge: I haven't had any yet.

8:05 AM  
Blogger LivingMinimal said...

hey thanks for checking out my blog...
I agree regarding weight not being the sole (or even most important) measure of health. The "proper" BMI for my height is ridiculously out of range for me. Even my doctor recommended that I stay 25-30 pounds over that #. The only way I could fall into that range is if I lost a signifficant amount of solid muscle. Body fat % is a far more important number, in my mind.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

Oh, yes. I definately have those days. I had one yesterday. But I went Nike and said "just do it!" and I stayed on top.

Seems daunting at times. Thinking that this is how it's going to be forever.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like fast food. I like cook, then put it on the plate, it must have a good look. Fast food is crap

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.