Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We Deserve Better: Pamper Yourself Happy

We Deserve Better: Pamper Yourself Happy
VH Melville
I wrote this as a conversation I had with webgrl both of us deal with stress the same way. We eat. Sometimes the easiest and the hardest thing to do is binge. It doesn’t matter if you goaled or are starting your journey you still can be prone to overeating and not journaling or counting what ever you count. What do you do when the binge monster is calling you? When a so called friend want you to eat a cookie or a piece of cake you don’t want to eat.
We often go by the cake and chips ill when upset and feel we deserve this we're upset. We deserve that bag of chips a family member called us a name. We deserve that container of frosting we were on a bad date. We deserve that popcorn and stick of real butter and ice cream and a diet coke because our husband's are working late.
1. We deserve better!
We can't taste the food if we're wolfing it down and we destroyed a all the fun in the food. Food we love should be a treat not a reward nor a treatment.
We are beautiful strong and need to find other ways to pamper ourselves.
I want you to write three things to pamper yourself down. You can share them or not it's your choice.
1. Chat with supportive people.
2. play with a Yo-yo
3. Blowing bubbles.
4. Painting or sewing.
5. Stepping on a small bag of chips and grinding them.
6. Dancing. 7. Hula hoop.
8. Play a fitness video game.
9. Volunteer.
10. Go to the spa.
11. Pump some iron.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post, I actually have made it a really big point to never reward myself with food. It is so hard sometimes.
I also make it a point, even if I am being bad, to journal everything I eat. I guess I haven't had a true binge, so it hasn't been that bad to write things down yet.

Pamper rewards. - when I have mine I have different catagories, free, cheap, moderate, and big! I will share the smaller ones.

1 - Leave DH at home with the dogs and go to a girlfriends house.
2 - Go to the mall and window shop, check out all the stuff that I can buy when I am smaller!
3 - Pull out my creative stuff and make crafts.
I have to put a moderate one in.. take a day off and go to a bed and breakfast or some other hotel with DH.
1.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

What fun. I like this idea. I really do use food as a comfort when I am stressed. Finding other things to comfort me is important.

1. Talk to my on-line friends is a little time I take to pamper me.
2. Soak in a scented bubble bath
3. Take a moment, curl up with a nice cup of 0 point coffee and listen to some music.
4. Go for a walk on a nice warm sunny day.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I start rewarding myself again in december. I had a big reward a video game system with dance pad.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Ironbelle I got some counseling before I started WW not for binge eating but it helped me find out why I was binge eating in the first place.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

Great post!
We do deserve better!
I have actually always wanted to take up painting, I might just do that :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Every girl deserves to be pampered!!

Thanks for the kind words on my blog! Winning the Extreme Makeover's the best thing that's happened to me in years! Be sure to check back this weekend for my "after" pictures!

Take care!

8:43 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, what a wonderful post. I love it. Being good to yourself is Job No. 1 !!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Michelle I can't wait to see the after photos :-)

Keloprata, Becky TC, Hopeforbaby thank you for being so kind. You all are stars who should get pampered in my book.

1:16 AM  
Blogger diet dilemma magmem style said...

Hi Iportion, Thanks for the v&c. You brought back memories with the can of icing. Thanks for the advice. I am going to a wedding this weekend (oh no, food) I'd rather hide than struggle. Congratulations on that cute little figure you accomplished. Our height is the same. I just got home, ate, now time for bed again. I hate eating so late. Bless you.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Congrats on your new size.
My birthday is coming up woo hoo.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.