Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More Real Reasons People are Overweight.

More Real Reasons People are Overweight.
VH Melville
1. Sneak eating. You eat like a birds in public but as soon as you get home it’s eat for three people.
2. Drunk snacker. Some people eat more than they drink alcohol but some people pick high calorie drinks like margaritas to begin with.
3. Binge and Skip. Some people skip breakfast and then binge. They confuse this with eating at night. They think it’s the eating at night. I ate at night all the time when losing weight it is total calories in a day.
4. You think one portion is the whole bag. This one was a big problem with me. I’d eat almost an entire bag of barbecue potato chips in one sitting and would have the rest for breakfast with cottage cheese.
5. “At least I am not as big as her/him” mode. This when we don’t want to deal with our weight by putting others down. This keeps us from getting healthy.
6. What we drink. Diet drinks can lower calories but mostly if we journal often people replace the diet soda calories with other calories. Fruit juices are high in calories. Make fruit juice a treat instead and eat more fresh fruits. Fast food smoothies can be calorie heaven sometimes it’s best to make your own.
7. Restraint assumptions: Get dining out guides sometimes salads we think are healthy have more calories than what we really want. Sometimes healthy looking sandwiches can really be high and what we think is bad is lower. I love salads by the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm guilty of #1 and 3, but I'm working on it! Have a great day!

7:08 AM  
Blogger runny_yolk said...

Great points - and all SOOO true... especially the salad thing. I kills me how much fat can be in a salad and people have no idea what they're putting into their bodies!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8 Buying larger clothing

I have recently realized the fact that my size 34 waist became 36, then 38... as I kept buying new pants. (Why, why do people do this??) Ideally, the tightness of my 34's should have spurred me to go into emergency mode!

Thanks to Weight Watchers, I am back down to somewhere between 34 and 36 and have given my 38+'s to goodwill. Once I am solidly in the 34 zone, I will get rid of the 36's and vow to never again buy larger pants.

Thanks for the blog... it's nice to read about people who understand the ups and downs of weight loss.

Regards,
Ian

12:35 PM  
Blogger diet dilemma magmem style said...

Hi Iportion, Thanks for the v&c. I didn't make that up, I saw it and just changed a few words. Of course you would like salads. I don't know one weight loser who hasn't used salads to be a filler. I don't care too much for salads unless they are loaded down with meat etc. Good luck, not that you need it. Bless you.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.