Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Realizations

I wrote the following email to a weightwatchers email group i belong to on the 23rd of June.
I thought i should share it with you and to let you know that i am completely within points and not eating like theres a hungry worm in my belly:)

I was watching the Oprah show episode with bob greene when her staff did the bootcamps. She was saying (After talking to a woman who lost a lot of weight) that the key words that the woman said was 'I decided'
And Bob Greene said thats the difference between somebody who is willing and determined and someone who isn't - someone who says I decided vs I'll try.
This really hit home to me as i keep saying i'm TRYING. i'm goin to TRY.
I don't want to try i don't want this to be just my umpteenth TRY at weight watchers.
I want to make the decision to succeed.
I'm petrified of failing but i think i need to stop thinking about that because we all falter at some point - we just need to keep going. So i'm going to stop looking at my past attempts as failures, but as parts of my journey.
Today i have decided to commit to me and to making myself healthy.
Not doing this for anybody else, for ME.
I've always thought that i would do it
To look hot for an eventual someone
Have a great body to offer to that someone
Look good in 'skinny' clothes
Make it easier for people to look at me
Want people to want me around because i don't look embarrassing.

Well - those reasons are NO REASON for me.
They might be some perks but definitely not reason enough (for me)

My new reasons:

To be healthy
To feel good
To look better
To not be uncomfortable or afraid of going to certain places
To be a healthy active mom in the future.
To stop being a spectator in my own life and start living it without being afraid of my body.
To be strong and to feel strong.

Thanks for 'listening' :)

What are YOUR reasons or LIGHTBULB moments?


6 Comments:

Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I had to be happy first and then get healthy.

6:45 PM  
Blogger S said...

My ultimate goal is to be healthy and happy. You have great goals there!

9:57 PM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Your list of reasons are very good :) I'm right there with you. I want to be healthy, happy, comfortable in my own skin!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my reasons/lightbulb for losing weight are:

- to lower my BMI so i'm not considered 'overweight'
- to be a healthy weight when i get pregnant
- to feel comfortable in my clothes
- to enjoy my fav foods in moderation (pizza and mexican)
- to push myself in exercise and keep trying new things
- to love me RIGHT NOW instead of 20 pounds down the road

12:51 PM  
Blogger Kris Loya said...

you gals are so great and motivate me so much! Everyone has great reasonable reasons - what are we 'weighting' for? LETS GET GOING WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual I had a really long comment and lost it, too soar to redo. Thanks for the v&c, and empathy. The chair videos hurt my back. I use to want to lose for my boyfriends now for myself. Bless you.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.