Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Celebration: Do it Now

Celebration: Do it Now
VH Melville
During this years Fourth of July celebration, children ran through the fair grounds with their silly string. The ground was muddy from last night’s rain and booths sold all kinds of yummy looking foods.
My town also held foot races. I entered for my age and gender which is female ages 30 to 39. I did not disregard my family do so. Daddy watched our little one so I could run.
Did I win? I could tell you a story but to be truthful I came in last but I competed. I did not fail. Failure would have been sitting on the sidelines wondering what might have been. How many times do we do this to ourselves let others live the life we want?
Are these you? I will eat healthy tomorrow. I will exercise next week. I will start this miracle fad diet/pill/tea because why would advertising lie? I will start dating once I am thin. Everything will be great once I am thin.
When you are thin sometimes you still come in last. You will still have stress.
Live your dreams now. What are your dreams?
What are your goals?
1. Do you want to be healthy? 2. Do you want to run a marathon. 2. Do you want to publish a book or learn how to paint? Do you want to learn how to dance? Do you want to learn to bake?
Make small goals that you can finish and work your way up. What are your goals?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi there, just found your site off 'diet-blog' and think its great... i'd like to be the first to answer your questions, if i may...

1. being healthy is more important to me than what my scale says (on most days)...

2. i'd like to try a 3k or a 5k, i'm not much of a runner but i love walking...

3. i enjoy writing in my journal and went to art school so technically, i can do both...

4. i love to dance and took lessons from the age of 6 to 16...

5. my mom taught me how to cook, bake and sew at a very early age - thanks, mom!

my main goal is to stop obsessing about my weight and like you said, enjoy things now instead of when i'm 20 pounds lighter... if i can get to 145 then great but i'm not going to make myself miserable trying - life is too short... :o)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can only imagine how good you felt upon completing the race. I was surprised to see you are in the age group of my daughter. You are so wise, thoughtful, well-written, and knowledgeable. My hat's off to you. I've been making those small goals as you had suggested....it's working!!! THANKS!!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Dear Jodi thank you for putting such time into your response :-)

CDear hris your words touch me. All I can say is thank you.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.