Sunday, July 23, 2006

Week 8

Hey everyone!
Life is getting busier - i guess thats not a good enough reason for posting earlier in the week!
I really did mostly forget and when i remembered there was no time!
I had a bit of trouble earlier in the week and dipped into flex points (which as you know, i love to ignore that it exists) I thought for SURE it was the beginning of the end. Somehow i managed to check my behavior and finished up the week with flexpoints to spare and definitely not digging into any more than my daily allowance. Oh and down 2lbs!
I'm recommitting yet again to working out as of tomorrow - i think my knee had enough time to rest up, its been fairly good this week and i walked the same distance at lunch yesterday that i did last saturday, only this time my knee didn't bug out!
I think what helped me stop my binge mid week was identifying and naming my binge monster.
My binge monster just happens to be my younger self who is still a hurt little girl and can't accept that she is loved and cared about and needs to heal. She freaks out when things are going well because she's never had them go well for very long and attempts to sabotage before she can get hurt by someone/something else.
I had a little talk with her this week and she understood that it IS going to be okay and she receded....I don't think by any means that i've heard the last of her but at least i was finally able to identify her, name her and address her.
I can do this. You can do this.
Who is your binge monster?

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Good for you about having flex points to spared - that's awesome! And great job on identifying your binge monster. Mine is similar - it tends to freak out with stress, which is usually self-induced. I'm learning to better manage my stress by doing housework (there's always something to do) or even just getting on the floor and doing ab work.

Keep up the great work and have a wonderful week!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Iportion, thanks for the v&c to my site. I'm so happy for you two pounds down! How much lower do you want to go? I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I can relate to that! My binge monster lurks behind me like a shadow all of the time, just waiting for me to miss a meal and get overly hungry. Bless you.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Marathon Someday said...

Great work!!! And I think it's amazing that you're addressing your triggers.

My binge monster is someone who eats because she feels stressed, bored, insecure, or lonely. In general, being deprived of SOMETHING, which = being deprived of food. Hence, the binge.

Interestingly, she never needs to eat when she's feeling very happy, confident, and content. In fact, she feels completely in control during those times.

Thanks for making me think about that!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kris Loya said...

you guys are amazing! Thank you for the sweet comments.
Its amazing the little things that trigger us off and boy does it help identifying them and learning to cope. I hope we all continue on this way and learn to jump those hurdles
Thank you think off the fat - i want to lose at least 40 before the year is over. Then some more after that.
And sonya yes - Deprivation is a HUGE ONE!!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

My binge monster is someone who is stunted. Sonya like you and web girl depervation leads to binges for me.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

I like this post.

It's so good that you are so insightful. My binge monster is elusive for me. It shows itself in many forms if it shows a form at all.

Keep up the good work!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.