Thursday, August 10, 2006

Week 10:Human Garbage Disposal

I've decided that thats what i used to eat like.
I ran outta groceries two days ago and had to make random weird meals as i couldn't make it to the store till yesterday.
These things i would eat without thinking BEFORE i started weight watchers ten weeks ago.
I'm down 14lbs but don't feel like it. I haven't been good about working out because i can barely spend time with my guy before stumbling into bed tired and frustrated from work/school. EXCUSES!
If i have to workout on my lunch break i WILL because i feel better about me when i do.
Anyways - back to being the human garbage disposal.
Yesterday i decided to take a day 'off plan'
I started the day by counting points (out of habit) then i quit and entertained thoughts of oh my gosh this is the beginning of the end but they didn't last long - too busy to care.
I didn't measure out lunch i just ate, not sensibly, i ATE.
My stomach felt strange and tugged at and bloated and just so uncomfortable.
I then didn't eat till hours and hours later when i went to the store hungry (bad idea!)
I wanted cookies so i put a package of choc chip cookies in the cart and my cousin said she'd split it with me.
Silly me. I KNOW i should have just bought a small portion controlled package. But i was off plan right?
Then we got chinese food for dinner. GEEZ!
Instead of something decent i got something fatty and i should have eaten half, but no, i ate the whole thing.
I felt SO disgusting (why is it i never felt like that before?)
About an hour later i got into the cookies.
Thank goodness i had help so i wouldn't eat my weight's worth.
I felt lethargic and gross and my stomach hurt and i was nauseous and i just wanted to puke.
Clear indications that my body isn't accustomed to this stuff anymore.
I felt so bad i'm in no hurry to do that again.
EVER.
I drank a giant bottle of water and kept waking up to go to the bathroom and this morning i started on another giant bottle - its like i'm trying to wash away my food sins ha!
I hope that this spike in calories will jumpstart my losses somehow though and i might see a 'whoosh' on the scale this coming monday.
So today i'm having tons of water and back OP
I have no desire to eat like i used to, i've found that eating less makes me feel so much better.
If only i can get a handle on the exercise and still manage to get everything else done that i need to.
I'm nauseous just THINKING about last night.
So here's to no longer desiring to be a human garbage disposal.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Hope Double posts happen :-) to us all,
I didn't use my flex points till later now I use them all the time. I use them every week. Your not cheating if you use them.
Three slices of pizza is better than eating the whole pie. MMMM Maybe eat the salad first then eat a slice of pizza. I'd rather a three point slice than a seven point slice. They don't offer thin crust where I live so I am thinking small when I get one.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Thanks for the visit and comment.

I have been snacking like crazy...but mostly on good stuff.

:)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Belladora said...

I always find that when I stop eating bad and start eating healthy it feels great. Yet if I am eating healthy for a long time and then eat bad I feel horrible. It will take me a solid week or two of eating bad before my stomach isn't freaking out. (Not that I condone taking 2 weeks off...this is just past bad mistakes on my part!)

3:17 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Ugh. I can definitely empathize to the whole human garbage disposal. No fun at all. But sheshe's right. We have those days, and it's okay as long as we get back at it.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great story. That is why I always recommend having a designated cheat day. Who can be perfect 100% of the time? I think it is an unreasonable expectation. I also found that a designated cheat day could be a great motivator to stay on course with your nutrition and exercise, because you don’t get to have it, if you didn’t follow your diet and fitness plan at least 5 out of 7 day weeks.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Arindana said...

You couldn't have put it any better! I've been there and still go there sometimes.

I just try to remember the heartburn and the cramps that result from such awful eating habits. Sometimes its a deterent.

5:05 PM  
Blogger digitalGoobie said...

This is what happened to me - the food that I used to eat started to make me feel sick, like sick enough I was thinking - what the Hell am I putting in my mouth?! So then, eventually I just stopped eating like that.. and then the journey began for me.

When you're tired it's really hard to find time to exercise. I mean like really tired, from work and school like you said. I think then you should try things like.. taking the stairs more, walking short distances instead of like, driving. Parking further away from buildings so you have to walk that little bit more. It all adds up.. and it doesn't really take that much more time/effort.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking our my blog. I just found out yesterday a gal I worked with that I helped turn onto Weight Watchers this year has lost 50 pounds! It's great! I am so happy for her.
Hey, if you read my WW article I lost 30 pounds. Just didn't get my insulin down (oh wait, that was me eating too many carbs). I still refuse to give up all my WW stuff though.

8:12 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

I eat that way a lot... too much of the wrong thing...

2:06 AM  
Blogger Lily T said...

I get that feeling too from time to time when I'm on a binging fest. My problem is that I don't learn.

The good news is, that horrible feeling when you eat too much of unhealthy food is a good sign that you are on the right track.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.