Thursday, September 07, 2006

Baking on Empty

My dad was in a car accident yesterday and it was a miracle that he and his wife are alive. My dad’s wife was injured but by the sound of it the ascent could have been a lot worse. The other driver was at fault.
I am getting back on the fly lady wagon yet again. Wish me luck. The fly lady cleaning system is the only one that ever worked for me.

I am trying to learn healthy baking.


I am using some healthy oil and then replacing the rest of the fat
with yogurt. My cake tastes moist but sticks to the pan.
I don't know if it's I am not greasing the pan enough or if it's the
yogurt and I need to add something else to it.
I find it much essayer to create dishes for the crock pot than baking.
Baking is a science. Decorating is an art.

I made whole wheat tortillas and they came out well even though I made a mistake. I added too much water and corrected it by adding more flour and baking powder.

Confessions:

Do you have any Wi in rituals? I used to not eat two hours before. Then after I hit goal I always ate ten min before Wi.


How did you lose or are losing your weight? Please provide a link or name the book your diet came from. If you written a book then please link to Amazon. A posted diet doesn’t mean I support that particular diet but I know what worked for me won’t always work for others



Tip Tag:
Share a health tip on your blog if you don’t have a blog share on this one. I will share two.
Don’t beat yourself up for a bad WI. We all have bad ways ins even if we thought we were doing it all right. I would get sad due to bad WI and to perk myself up I’d choose a new fitness routines.

9 Comments:

Blogger i i eee said...

Glad your dad and his wife are okay!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger ... said...

omg thank goodness your father and his wife are ok! i swar some ppl must drive with their eyes closed!!

i don't have a weight in ritual. but i do for when i have to go clothes shopping. i stop eating the day before at about 6pm and i wont eat again until i find what i'm looking for.

im trying to lose weight by eating healthy foods, staying in my caloric recommendations (thanks SparkPeople) and exercising! ;)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Losing Weight: said...

I was sorry to hear about your Dad's accident...I hope he and his wife are doing ok.

As you know, I attend Weight Watchers. The only "weird" thing I do before weigh-in is to go to the restroom right before I step on the scale. I have no clue or not if it makes a difference but I do it every single time!

Candee

9:39 PM  
Blogger angelfish24 said...

Glad your dad and his wife are doing ok. Crazy drivers out there.
I'm doing w. watchers and it's working, doing the flex points. I get anal about weigh in too. If it is at night wi then I don't eat after lunch and eat dinner afterward. Lately, been going to am meeting and don't eat anything in the morning before I weigh in. Oh yeah and pee too if I have to...could make an ounce difference? Does it make a whole lot a difference not to eat prior...well I think a little. Ok a tip, exercise 4-5 times a week,even if it just a little walk. Aim for 4 hours per week if you can. Exercise has really helped me lose a little faster and to keep my attitude positive most times.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Paperdoll and metamorphose thanks ... I sm glad it wasn't worse.


Angelfish
The food is fake weight
I would only not eat two to three hours before a wigh in. I've went longer and those were the days i gained. I guess my body needed more water and food.

Candee I've heard some people say they'd had a pound diff after going the bathroom. I'd say that is fake weight too.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Glad your dad and his wife are okay! So scary!

What's the fly wagon thing you are talking about?

WI ... I go the morning, so I am only up for 45mins or so and do not eat. This is gross, but I also drink coffee (I'm not a coffee drinker) the night before so I can go to the bathroom if you know what I mean. LOL. My husband does the same thing, and we both wear the same outfit to each WI. We wear the lightest clothes we own. Don't know about winter, it might be cold to wear then.

2:53 AM  
Blogger m said...

I did the exact same thing as "living to feel good" before WI.

Once site that helps me is weightlossforall.com It kept me motivated. It has a lot of good info on there.

Love the blog!

10:18 AM  
Blogger diet dilemma magmem style said...

Hi Iportion, I put your Dad and his wife on my prayer list for a complete recovery and healing. Thanks for the v&c. What great ideas you always have for me to do. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work with this sooo interesting blog, it keeps us coming back, no matter what the post. Bless you.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Living to feel good

I would wear the same clothes when I goaled before I hit goal I;d wear my shoes.

Thanks M I will check the site,

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.