Friday, September 08, 2006

Brown Bagging Your Lunch

Last night I had a crock pot dinner made and I worked on my free Diet Ebook Health Rebel.
I feel so lazy today. I planned on cooking and exercise. I didn’t feel like doing anything so I made myself blog. My husband’s home but works the weekend so all I want to do is stare in is eyes, adore my little one and play video games. I like sim style games as well as games like book worm.


Living to Feel Food the fly system is a cleaning system from flylady.net and I’ve been getting back op in the past few days.



Brown Bagging Your Lunch

Lunchables are pricey, loaded with fat and don’t look very tasty. I once was in a store where a little boy actually begged his mom not to get the pizza lunch able.

Kids won’t eat something they won’t like or will trade lunches.
Do you try to force yourself to eat healthy foods just to binge.
Treat yourself like a kid and make your healthy food something you’d actually want to eat. Slowly add veggies such as making your sandwiches seem bigger. Though you might want to pack them in a separate container. Canned soups can also be an option and do not think just because it’s canned it’s unhealthy.
Make lunch fun and make it appealing. I am not vegan but there is a great blog called Vegan lunch box about a woman who makes creative lunches for her son Schmoo.
If you like ham and cheese can you go to a leaner cut?
If you like hot dogs can you switch to a veggie dog?

4 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Great ideas. I took this lifestyle change as an opportunity to try new healthy foods I haven't tried before. I am loving some of the changes. I love veggie ground round and I love hummus with celery.

6:38 PM  
Blogger angelfish24 said...

Thanks for the reminder to brown bag. I've notice my son and I have been eating out too much. Usually it's healthy like subway or the like but it's so much cheaper to eat at home too. I need to get out my ww recipe work and get busy. Also going to try things in my crockpot. And today, I'm having lots of veggies as this is an area I really need to improve on. And water, water, water.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Chicky said...

My favorite way to make a sandwich is to put a few chips on it. That way I only get a small portion of the bad stuff, and I don't feel deprived. Lots of veggies, seasoning, and sometimes even toasted and I feel a lot fuller than a measly little sandwich. Plus, I only look for bread with a high protien and fiber gram count. I can get by with a half of a sandwich now, and some fruit.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Domestic Chicky I love adding a few baked or FF chips to my sandwhich too. I don't get them as much as I used to.

Angel I've been using my crockpot too.

TC hummas mmm I got to mske that.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.