Thursday, November 30, 2006

Kick Your Binge Brat to the Curb!

Binge Brat

I did a lot of organizing today and I plan to clean out a cabinet today to. I also started to put up some of my art collection. I want my home to feel like one.
It's windy today. I did take a walk yesterday. I will dance inside today.

I fought the binge brat today.
What is the binge brat?
Most people who think they have inner children usually are dealing with inner brats.
Brats that tell them they can’t do better. Brats that say it’s okay to “binge”
That they need will power” to succeed. The binge brat gives the idea to lie to your food journal or pretend your food portions were smaller because you eat the same things over and over again. The inner brat grabs for fad diets and bad pills. Your inner brat is mean to you.

Kick your inner brat out and send them paking.

1. Eat! Don’t starve yourself. You need body fuel. You need energy. Starving can lead to binges as well as other destructive behavior.
2. Ask yourself if someone upset you is it worth the binge
3. Go for non starchy vegetables and exercise when upset
4. Reward yourself, is stopping a binge monster for a moth worthy of a little gift.
5. Get a digital food scale. See if you can have three grams of butter instead the whole serving. Use your freezer to freeze united baked goods and some chocolates.
6. Treat others with respect. Not everyone eating a brownie is trying to sabotage you sometimes they just want a brownie.
7. Right three things your grateful for each day.
8. Ask yourself is this food worth eating sometimes it is. Can you have a smaller piece? Can you take it from your daily calories?
9. Take up a hobby like painting, sewing, or volunteer. Binge monsters hate people who have fun lives.
10. Make Fitness fun.
11. Take naps. A sleepy body is a overly hungry body.
12. Seek professional help if you need it.
13. Plan for treats. A treat is not a reward and is not a treatment.
14. When you fell like binging read a good book with a caffine free diet drink. Caffine can make some people hungry.
15. Blog or call a friend.
16. Take a walk.
17. Clean your house.
18. Exercise with your kids.
19. Tell your binge brat off.

How do you deal with your binge brat?



Tip tag: If you see this tip and want to join in but a tip on your blog.
Oatmeal is a great food it is feeling and has good carbs instead of simple or refined.

3 Comments:

Blogger angelfish24 said...

I guess my binge brat says, "you are slow and still fat, you can't be an athlete". I just tell it to F*ck off and then I exercise like crazy. I don't tend to binge lately but the last 2 days I have been starving as I eat a late lunch after workout. So, just need to restructure the eating and eat more veggie and protein. Sometimes, I think, I want pizza or lately anything at a restaurant and I just stop, think, "will this help me gets toward goal" and the answer is of course, no! So I don't eat the food and go about my day. Or I ask myself "are you really hungry or just trying to stuff down an emotion your having". It seems that analyzing things is working for me this time. I hope I'm breaking my bad habits for good.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion, I would throw away the food scale and focus on the energy output side of things. If you exercise enough, you won't have to eat perfect to maintain your weight.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Yhanks for sharing your binge brat stories.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.