Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Candy: Making it lighter: Peanut butter Balls 2

Christmas Candy: Making it lighter: Peanut butter Balls
Fat Free cream cheese in the peanut butter balls didn’t really work it’s much softer and wetter than peanut butter and you have to add more powdered sugar plus it affects the flavor and is a wasted of good fat free cream cheese. It ads a slightly bitter sweet note which isn’t what you want when biting into a peanut butter ball.
Some dieters might be able to full themselves but they wouldn’t be able to pass this on to candy lovers.

The full fat peanut butter worked better and I saved calories because it really didn’t need the butter and cream that a lot of other peanut butter ball and peanut butter truffles recipes have in them. Also I didn’t dip in melted chocolate. I made the full fat version ultra small
Last time and in honor of Living to Feel Good I made them ultra small and called them Peanut Butter Pirate Pearls.

I might next time add two tbs to the mix.
I am thinking what over lower point Christmas candies and treats I can make.

I think I need a good Mexican cookbook. The restaurant around here is only summer seasonal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

MMmMMmmm sounds good, and I love the name!! :D

Arrghhh PB Pirate Pearls Arghhh :P

3:02 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

:-) I haven't tried them with better than butter but I am sure they would come out maybe not taste the same

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.