Thursday, December 07, 2006

Got food storage?

I lost the article I was writing. We had a power outage. I decided not to rewrite what I had written and talk about sudden emergencies thrown at you.
I have some food storage but I feel I need to know more and do more.

What do you do in case of a power outage and you need something to eat? Do you have flashlights and a non electric can opener ready or do you binge eat food in the fridge? Opening the fridge too much in a power outage will make it spoil faster. What do you have planned for your food pantry if you are too busy to go to the store?
I Anyone have ideas?

What do you need for food storage?
1. Powdered milk?
2. Instant sugar free pudding mix?
3. Canned beans
4. Canned vegetables
5. Dried beans
6. Old fashioned or quick oatmeal.
7. Sugar substitute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I have no idea. We don't have that problem. The longest the power has gone out here is 5 mins. SO if that happened to me where I didn't have power for a long time I wouldn't be prepared I guess.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

It usually does not go out for longer than 5 to 30 min here but when I was a child my power was out for a week due to a hurricane. Most of the other neighborhoods had their lights back on in 2 days. So I believe in being prepared.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.