Thursday, March 02, 2006




Cute as a Cupcake
An Iportion interview with Clare Crespo
By VH Melville
Many people would be shocked that I lost over 100 pounds eating cupcakes. Cupcakes can be miss understood and often abused cake product.Cupcakes portion control my cake. I even started using mini angel food and mini bundt pans. My next mini pan purchase I hope will be teddy bear shaped. I sometimes make cupcakes and muffins from scratch but I found many ways to enlighten cake mix. I freeze them in freezer bags unfrosted to eat them with or without icing. Who says a lighter cupcake can’t be well cute.
Also with weight watchers I can use my points for a higher calorie treat if that’s what I want. I decided to interview Clare Crespo is the author of Hey There, Cupcake! 35 Yummy Fun Cupcake Recipes for All Occasions. Clare makes cupcakes that are adorable.

Iportion: When did you first start creating cupcakes?
Clare Crespo: I HAVE BEEN PRETTY OBSESSED WITH CUPCAKES MY WHOLE LIFE. MY GRANNY HELEN TAUGHT ME TO BAKE WHEN I WAS LITTLE IN LOUISIANA.

Iportion: What makes a cupcake cute to you?
Clare Crespo: I THINK A TRIECKIER QUESTION MIGHT BE “WHAT MAKES A CUPCAKE NOT CUTE TO ME!! I THINK ALL CUPCAKES ARE CUTE!

Iportion: Clare have you made mini cupcakes? Many people also confused by cupcake sizes they will call a medium cupcake a mini cupcake when mini cupcakes are slightly bigger than a large gumdrop.
Clare Crespo: I LOVE MINI CUPCAKES! IT FEELS SPECIAL TO EAT A CUPCAKE, BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO SHARE IT! IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HAVE A BIG CUPCAKE, BUT WANT TO HAVE A TREAT, A MINI IS PERFECT BECAUSE YOU STILL GET TO EAT THE WHOLE THING!

Iportion: What is your favorite high calorie cupcake?
Clare Crespo: RED VELVET (I AM FROM THE DEEP SOUTH!) I HAD THESE FOR MY WEDDING. I LOVE THEM!Iportion: What bakery would you recommend for really cute cupcakes? I AM CONSTANTLY ON THIS QUEST. I LOVE AUNTIE EMS IN LOS ANGELES.

Iportion: What’s your favorite health food?
Clare Crespo: I LOVE ALL VEGETABLES. I AM [RETTY MUCH LIKE A RABBIT THAT HAPPENS TO LIKE CUPCAKES!

Iportion: Favorite Hostess product? My favorites were light twinkies and light cupcakes but I am not sure they are even being made anymore. I wish they would come light orange cupcakes, lemon pies and suzzy q’s.

Clare Crespo: I LOVE A SNOBALL. I LOVE THE PINK COLOR! I MAKE A CATERPILLAR CAKE WITH THEM IN MY FIRST BOOK “THE SECRET LIFE OF FOOD”. AND I HAVE COME UP WITH A RECIPE FOR TWINKEE SUSHI WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON TWINKIES.COM. IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR PORTION CONTROL AS IT CUTS THE TWINKIE UP AND ADDS FRUIT TO IT!

Iportion: Favorite diet snack product?
Clare Crespo: BROWN RICE CAKES. ME AND MY LITTLE DAUGHTER LOVE THEM!

Iportion: Thank you Clare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.