Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Simple Ways to Make Food Calorie Worthy

VH Melville
I was reading reneegetsfit.com and someone made a comment about not doing well on WW because they could justify spending all their points on low point ice cream but not something healthy like a banana. Banana’s have sugar in them and are sweet.
I went through the Banana WW faze as well as the raison faze. I realized I wanted to do WW as not another diet. I still eat the ice cream. I still eat raisons and bananas, I love ice cream but I don’t always bring it home.

Here is what I did
1. I pealed, cut and froze my bananas. I used freezer bags. You can even place them on pop cycle sticks before freezing. A half a banana is just a point for WW people. Frozen bananas tastes pretty good.
2. I sometimes I’ll split a low call ice cream sandwich. That way I can have the fruit and the ice cream. I like lots of tastes.
3. With raisons I learned to divide my points and used 1/8th of a cup of raisons instead.
4. I also put whole yogurts in the freezer. They take a long time to eat.
5. Smoothies with powdered milk and ice are a great treat. I am working on getting them thicker. Powdered non fat milk has slightly less calories than regular skim.
You might want to make them with store bought rice milk.
6. I sometimes eat the nuts but not always. Nuts have a lot of calories. Who says you have to eat the whole serving? Divide the serving into smaller servings and then divide the calories. I let my calculator do the work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I hear ya on point 6. I don't eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter I eat 1 =2pts. If a serving size is 1 cup then I'll eat or drink 1/2 c. Nice blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I eat my peeps at .6 each. I find part points helpful.

PS

My reduced fat peanut butter is 1 point for half tbs. What brand do you use?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

My peanut butter is Reduced Fat Skippy. What is your brand? I'd love to eat a 1pt PB! Then my sandwich would only be 2pts instead of 3!! If you don't mind, please post your brand on my blog. Thanks!! :)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.