Friday, June 02, 2006

Healthy Value

Healthy Value
VH Melville
Fast food places won’t sell healthy food unless we buy healthy food. We must make a commitment to buy healthy food. People don’t buy things that don’t taste good. They also want value.
I wish fast food restaurants would start lean value menus.
Canned vegetables can be just as healthy because many canned vegetables were cooked and packaged at the height of freshness and would have more vitamins than some veggies that had to travel long distances. It’s a myth that canned vegetables are bad.
A healthy Value Menu could have vegetable based soups, bean based chilis, small spicy bean wraps, oatmeal, side salads, turkey ham, baked fries, bun-less JR burgers for the low carb people, vegetrain baked chili fries, bean based sloppy Joes and frozen yogurt. These types of foods can all be cheap and tasty.
Also there needs to be more option of than Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. What about diet Sprite or Diet caffeine free coke, or diet root beer. According to some studies caffeine makes some people hungrier.
Last but not least. Why not make most of the dressings low fat, or fat free, accept Creaser, and classic Italian? Most people assume they are getting low fat dressing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about an option to replace salty fench fries with a side salad? This isn't an option at most fast food restaurants.

How about a soy burger option instead of the triple-bacon cheeseburger?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

You’re right. I wish more fast food places would do that. Wendy’s is the only restaurant I know who does side salad swaps.

Burger King does have a veggie burger on the menu but I as you said I wish it had a side salad instead fries. That would be having it my way.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I went to Wendy's today and one of the girls said, "When are you moving in? You're here almost everyday." I smiled and said, "When you get my age, your kids are raised and gone and you have more money.... so you can afford to go out to eat everyday." She said, "I have a long way to go, my daughter is only 15 months."

I think most canned vegetables have too much sodium. I usually buy frozen. I sometimes take my own dressing with me. When I go to Burger King, I take my own salt and pepper shakers...I can't stand using those little packets...the food is cold by the time you get enough of them opened for your food.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

You are dead on about the myth of the canned veggie!

Frankly, I stay away from fast food as much as possible because the temptation can be damaging as well. How many times have we gone into a fast food place, intending to get one thing that is within reason to walk out with 3 times as many calories than we intended? More times than I can count.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Chris
At save a lot at least you can get low salt canned veggies.


Amazon Alanna
I love your name by the way. I use a dining out guides to eat out. It saves me a lot of trouble. Some foods seem healthy and aren't.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.