Monday, June 05, 2006

Promoting Fruits and Veggies

Promoting Fruits and Veggies
By VH Melville
Ronald McDonald good marketing children’s love clowns. Well I found them scary but Ronald is less scary than other clowns. I don’t know why the fruit and veggie board http://www.aces.edu/department/associations/afvga/AFVGA_bylaws.html don’t try fast food marketing. I am not talking about fancy commercials. Hitting children during cartoon time would be priceless but budget is not always there. I am talking about whine factor.
They could put cheap prizes in bagged salad. They could do school parties and give coupons for free fruit for good grades from local farmers and groceries.
They could run a contest for the best Ronald type characters.
They could start auctioning off weird celebrity items to get in the news.
How would you promote fruit and veggies?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point but I don't think the fruit and veggie board has a multi-billion dollar advertising budget with sponsorship deals with Sony and XMen. They could do a much better job of promoting healthy foods, though.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this should really start at home. Parents should be educating their kids on the health benefits of fruits and veggies at an early age, and incorporating them into family meals and meals they take to school.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I remember watching Popeye on Tv when I was a kid but don't remember wanting to eat spinach. Perhaps they could make those lunchables with fruit and vegetables instead of ham and crackers.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I agree with Erica. I think that's why I like so many different fruits and veggies because of my mom. I saw her eating them, and so I ate them too, AND I still eat them today as an adult. I plan to do the same thing with my kids when I have them.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I believe your both right. Kids won’t eat fruits and veggies unless parents eat them. I need to do more family dinners.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.