Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Class

Fitness documentaries and books often talk about the importance gym class but there is often another class that is also important to health and well being.
Is history? Is it drama? I loved both history and drama when I was in high school but the class I am referring to his Home Economics. I know this may sound silly but the class is not. It teaches important skills to both sexes. The people who did best in my Home Economics classes were guys. While I still cannot sew I’ve learned voluble skills that I have taken with me.

Here’s just some of Home Economics can teach: Cooking, grocery shopping, check writing, sewing, creativity, math and even science. You learn weighing and measuring.

Some students will not learn such skills from their family. Family meals bring better health to families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's sad to think the only thing I remember about my home economics class was the biased teacher. She gave the "in" crowd kids good grades for mediocre work.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved home economics, but mostly because I love being in the kitchen I didn't really learn anything new. My mom and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen together.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.