Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Trya Banks, Crafting is Hip, Food Cravings

Trya Banks, Crafting is Hip, Food Cravings


Trya Banks needs a hug:
Why do we allow the media to make fun of healthy weights so people have the distorted view of their bodies?
Trya Banks weight falls within a healthy guidelines at 5 ten and 160 ponds she falls within a healthy weight for her Height. We should not allow the media to call healthy fat anymore.


Crafting is Hip

Are you a crafting rebel? Do you sew, build, robots, paint? Crafting is for girls and boys now. Men are now making robots and forming sewing groups? I wish I could sew or make a robot.

I remember going to the independent bookstore years back and finding a advert to new line of YA books. A lot of it was nonfiction though some was fiction.

One line out of one of these second rate gems was a teenager going to her mother’s craft box and her friend saying she’s slit her own throat or wrist if she ever had a craft box.
The writing was trying too hard to be hip but it reminded me of hackneyed version of writing from the 60’s and seventies when that generation put down the generation before them.
Second it tried to hard to be subversive and honestly the real rebels at the time that line came out knew how to sew and craft. The Goths were major crafters creating much of their own clothes due to prices.

I wish I had learned how to sew as a kid. The teens who sew know are making their own ipod covers, their own designer jeans they are the rebels.


Food Cravings:
I already finished my free 9.95 book.
This moment I am craving a sour dough roll but no rolls and I am not in the mood to bake my binge rolls. These rolls are too good but they are not sour dough just bread machine yeast. I doctored the original recipe which was for bread. I seem to be a much better baker when I am struggling with my food plan. I think I am going to have some carrots.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Iportion, Thanks for the visit and comment. I didn't realize how much they mean to me. I also don't like the idea of games and contests that cost money there too. Too much of an unchanging format and not enough of personal expressions and therapy. Where's the support? I am dissatisfied but need to stay accountable with a check-in around like people. You are way too strong for me, how does a carrot seem comperable to a roll? It seeems like self-control is a constant vigil. Bless you.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

We do little prizes and we are thinking of a small monthly fee but no raffles and no fees for gaining.
They might do a biggest loser thing though but it's on % so even someone with a little to lose has a chance.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.