Monday, February 05, 2007

Before We buy: What to ask ourselvs

Super bowl Sunday:
I did okay at the party but binged afterward. I have to do better. I know I can do better.
I had a fun time at friends watched part of the game and had a good time.
My little one’s birthday is this week. I liked the blockbuster mouse commercial and the coca cola spread the love commercial was sort of cute. I didn’t see all the ads.



Before we buy

I am in a buying mood. Right now the things I want to buy are in my amazon cart. I think I will give them another week and delete some of the items I feel I really don't need.
There is this indulgent skin care product I’ve wanted for a while. I wanted to try philosophy but always felt that was so self indulgent. Then I found out if I buy the handwash online with another product I need it’s cheaper than buying the product locally,
I save money plus I get something self indulgent and some needed house hold goods.


Questions to ask before you Buy Stuff?
Spending money is okay and can be fun. But overspending can bring headaches. Most everyone has purchases they regret or a purchase they wish they made. I am an impulse buyer that I try to keep in check with lists.

Will I use it or will it be stuck in a closet somewhere or under pile?
Can I afforded it and how can I afforded it?
Does it benefit my life?
I am I buying it because people made fun of me in high school?
I am I buying it to impress coworkers? Will I feel people won’t like me if I don’t buy it?
Have I been pulled in by flashy ads?
I am I getting this as a planned reward or to fill a bigger need?
Am I buying this because I can’t find what I need under a pile of clutter?
Do I think not getting what I need makes me a bad person?
Have I done research on the product?
Is it worth getting a more expensive product? Sometimes it is if your buying a some kitchen wear. Would getting something used be better? While getting a business suit or a baby crib, it be better to buy new. For my clothes since they do not need to be business used is fine.

Can you take your indulgent reward and save up for it? Instead of having it now?

3 Comments:

Blogger PearShapedGirl said...

Hi iPortion. Those are some good questions to ask ourselves before we spend. I know everyone gets carried away with spending sometimes, so it's a good idea to check with ourselves and think about WHY we want to spend. It can be part of an addiction, like emotional eating is for some of us...

Take care,
PSG

10:41 AM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

that is a good list of questions to ask ourselves...if i did that i wouldn't have this credit card debt!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I missed the commercials. Maybe I will check online for the best ones.

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.