Friday, February 02, 2007

workout, Luxurious Saving People Have different Budget needs

Work out:
I did weight training today. I drank my water and ate carrots.
I still want an easy bake oven. :-)


Luxurious Saving People Have different Budget needs

I see a lot advice on the net and through books. Some advice works for me but some doesn't. I know most of the good ideas anyway. We have different goals. Some want to save for a big house some want to live in a small apartment and buy organic or gourmet food both are fine.

I live comfortably as a stay at home mom. I have a wonderful charming husband who I just adore. I feel that my life is luxurious and beautiful.
I don’t drink coffee so strabucks was never a pull of me. The only time I'd go to starbucks was in the airport to get an apple.

I actually use a good part of my kitchen gadgets and though sometimes I slack off with exercise gear. I would feel bad if I got rid of my weights because eventfully I suck it up and start using them. Having to buy new weights would have been a waste. I also declutter things I don't need.


Giving up going to the movies once a week or a daily 4.00 treat is not going to help when you have some serious unaddressed debt problems like a smoking addiction, renter property you don’t know how to handed, a impulse to buy a new car you could barely afford when you had too jobs, shopping addictions.

You may be addicted to shop for anything, baby clothes, fancy purses, yard sale fines.
If you buy things you don’t need and can’t really use you are adding clutter. Clutter makes you poor in more ways the one. Something that might help me save money like using game meat might not help you.

There are some things like student loans which are less debt than an investment in yourself but figure that you will need to pay these off.


My biggest problem is books. I've been using the library again to stop on bad purchases of some titles. There are books I have gotten that I knew I loved and wanted for my home and books that miss represented themselves. I also am trying to use my cookbooks instead of collect them. Not everyone has my love of books.

If getting a nice $1000 purse is important to you than budget for it. Put away a small amount each week. What can you do without to get the purse without going into debt. There are people who buy purses they never use or only use them once. This makes their home cluttered and ugly. It makes their expensive bags look cheap.
The only trendy bag I even remotely like is moo roo and it's way to small for my needs. I needed to combine purse and diaper bag. If you buy purses you can't adored and either leave them in the house or have to show off a new one each week that you can't afforded you might want to see a councilor but there is nothing in itself wrong with a fancy purse.

7 Comments:

Blogger PearShapedGirl said...

I, too, have a love of books! I used to dream of working in a book store, and got a job at one when I was 16 and worked there all through high school and college. But I also came to the realization that spending a lot of money on books was adding up to a lot. I know get recipes online for free instead of buying cookbooks, I borrow books from the library or from friends. I only buy books from my 5 favourite authors, or if I've read the book (borrowed) and I love it and "need" to have it. I think you're right, everyone has something that is important to them and it just needs to be a part of their budget.

Take care,
PSG

11:23 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I used to dream at 17 owning bookstore cafe and then that turned to being a writer.
I think life should be enjoyable at it has to be balance.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've just started to handle my money better and keep track of where its going... i'm a sucker for a deal but am learning, just because its on sale doesn't mean i HAVE to have it... keeping a spreadsheet, of every expense, is helping tremendously because i can SEE where its going... :o)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Marathon Someday said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! It was lovely.

I've never been too attentive at watching where my money goes (and I'm an accountant, lol!), but now that I'm at home with a baby (and no income), I need to change that habit for sure.

I loooove books as well. I stay away from the bookstore for that reason. I'm a HUGE sucker for cookbooks - I love leafing through them and putting little post-it flags on recipes I want to try. Geeky, I know.

4:21 PM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

mmm i love books! i need some "new" ones to read. ill probably hit the library this weekend or get some used ones for cheap online. i like chick lit and mysteries.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

JODI spread sheets what a good idea.

Sonya I am glad you liked my response :-) There are no bookstores just amazon which makes it even harder LOL

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for giving me a deep good belly laugh. From one book-a-holic to another, thanks for enlightening me. You mean there really are recipes in the 1000+ vegetarian cookbooks I own and fondle.

Cheers, Judi

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.