Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Food Preoccupation

Food Preoccupation
VH Melville
I realized before I joined WW I had preoccupation with food only before I just gave in and ate it all. How does your food preoccupation manifest it’s self. What tips would you share?

My preoccupation symptoms:
1. Eating when not hungry
2. Thinking about other people eating. I make stories up. I am a writer and I fixate a lot on the food my characters eat.
3. Surfing sites of restaurants I never plan to go to.
4. Eating to reward myself.
5. Eating to cover something painful like stress, border and or loneliness.

What helps me:

1. Counting my points/calories even on vacation. Counting even after I goaled.
2. Not depriving myself. Yes I eat a lot of salads and healthy stuff but I know I can have candy if I count it. Some foods though I used to eat I would no longer
3. Support of my husband.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I rememeber as a kid, we had to clean out plates. I use to load up my plate and tell myself I had to eat it all as an adult. I now put smaller amounts on my plate and quit when I'm full. I've also slowed down when I eat...that has helped me as well.

Since I have retired, my stress induced need to eat an entire frozen pepperidge farm cake at my desk is gone.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I hear you.
An extended family would force me to finish food at restaurants would call me a food waster. I never had a weight problem before then.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of few bleaker prospects than counting points until the end of my days.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Mary, thank you so much for posting.
I don't think counting would be for everyone and if I one day find something better I’d do that in a heart beat. Diabetes runs in my family so health was the main reason why I lost that 100 plus pounds. It was also really hard to buy clothes.
I have to even journal my house cleaning or it doesn’t get done. I wish I didn’t have too.

PS Mary is a lovely name.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.