Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Crave, Financial fitness: Exercise, Diet Articles: “Vegetarian Diet Tips, Low carb Eating Out Tips,” Thankful list,

Crave
I wanted some Pringles and ice cream tonight but was too lazy to call for delivery or walk down to the store. I did exercise though. I did little movements. I even used my step and stability ball as well as my stepper. My step is a plastic step, my stepper is a sort of non electric exercise machine.

Financial fitness: Exercise
Could you downgrade on something in your life without noticing it? Like using regular gas instead of premium or using VO5 shampoo instead of the brand your normally use. What can you safely upgrade if you really felt you wanted to?

Diet Articles:
I decided two articles one for low carbers and one for vegetarian diets.


Vegetarian Diet Tips

1. Check packages some vegetarian foods are higher in calories.
2. If you have had long boats of weight problems you might consider journaling your food.
3. Do not make your own rice, or nut milk. This might sound romantic but it lacks vitamins in consumer friendly vegan alternatives.
4. French fries are not health food and many French fries are fried in beef or chicken fat.
5. Are you a binge eater? What are your non food triggers? Can you opt for fresh veggies?
6. Many vegetarian fake meats have 100 calories or less but check the packaging.
7. Get a calorie food guide as well as a guide to what foods are meat free and lower in cal. It’s a way you can improve your odds and not be frustrated.
8. Salad bars have lots of veggies but you might want to make sure that you have some meat free sources of protein like beans. Some beans are cooked in meat when in doubt ask.








Low carb Eating Out Tips


Many people on low carb diets just stick to eating bun-les burgers and chicken wings when there’s a lot more they can eat.
A medical study in a hospital had people were given the same calories but after a while the low carb ate less because protein is filling. That’s why so many people gained weight on eating low carb junk food because they didn’t mind portions anymore and the food wasn’t as filling.

1. If a restaurant has oatmeal on the menu get it oatmeal is filling can be sweetened with splenda. This is a good carb.
2. Find out if the chicken wings have sugar in them some are spicy sweet.
3. Have a side salad with your bun-less burger. You might want to opt for fat free Italian which generally has less sugar than other dressings. You can use a little splenda to sweeten it up.
4. Many restaurants even fast food chains have chicken breasts and this might be a leaner more filling alternative to a small burger.
5. Lobster is low in calories and carbs.
6. When eating at Subway you might want to have the akin wrap but bring your own dressing the Atkins dressing are fat and calorie nightmares. Yes calories still matter low carb works by filling you up. In-fact just have the Atkins wrap but none of Atkins fillings, chose meats like ham, turkey, chicken or roast beef all which are leaner options. The wrap it’s self is a little high in fat
but it’s low in calories, high in fiber and filling.
7. Other low carb foods besides burger, steak, chicken, shrimp, turkey, salmon, roast beef, spinach.




Thankful list
My little Family
I am thankful for my friends
I am thankful for oatmeal
I am thankful for hand cream
I am thankful for naps
I am thankful for my body ball
I am thankful for cookbooks

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i can downgrade on body wash and shampoos, but not on my hair products (hairspray and wax)... i have also downgraded on certain types of clothing, but not on shoes... :-)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I can downgrade on pasta but not on kitchen gear.

4:15 PM  
Blogger PearShapedGirl said...

I downgrade on some make-up products, but not on foundation since I need one with an SPF and that will be kind to my skin. I downgrade on non-aerosol hairspray, but upgrade to one type of aerosol hairspray. (I have curly hair that is difficult to manage and I have finally found what works!).

Take care and have a great weekend,
PSG

p.s. I love that you have a Thankful List! We all need one.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

PearShapedGirl
Aww thanks :-) Now I have something more to add to be thankful for :-) you.

12:53 PM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

i downgraded from Renu contact lens cleaner ($7.50) to Target brand ($2.39). I also switched to Olay moisturizer from Clinique years ago. Works out fine!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.