Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fear Not Boys and Girls, Cheap Luxury, For carb counters, Thankful list

Fear Not Boys and Girls
Don’t be afraid of strength training cardio and strength training together is a good thing.



Live within our Means in Luxury
How can you live with your means?
Fancy cloth napkins are cheaper and look nicer then paper napkins.
Department store cosmetics often have a cheaper version of its self that’s the same price. Lancome and Loreal are the same thing.
Thrift stores can have designer clothes and even hand bags if you know what you’re looking for.



For carb Counters
Who does low carb here who does slow carb

I am not a low carber. I like whole wheat bread and pizza but I do realize some of my readers do low carb diets. So I wrote this article just for the low carb fans.

You cannot take a break from low carb after you lose the weight you just get to eat more low carb food. If you take a break you will gain the weight back. Though some people close to goal will switch to journaling or weight watchers when they are close to goal.


Avoid products that only give net carbs unless you’re sure of the company. Some companies doctor the net carbs by making portions smaller or adding a little fiber. Some companies have lied outright about their net carbs. If it’s a junk food type item your better making it yourself.

All carbs aren’t all bad you need some slow carbs are good for brain function. A bowl of oatmeal or small shredded wheat is a lot better health wise than a low carb candy bar.
A low carb candy bar should be a treat but not the bulk of your diet. Sometimes a sugar free candy bar will be better due to it being lower in fat and calories. You will not be fat deprived if you grill non starchy vegetables with healthy oils and eat meat.
Also low carb women can be deprived of folic acid so seek a nutritionist or doctor out about proper daily almounts you should be getting. You also might want to add two slices of diet/light bread a day and freeze the rest so not to eat the whole loaf in a day. I could eat it all. Some of these light breads are also lower in carbs than regular bread but read the label.


Some low carb diets are scared of low fat dairy. Low fat dairy has a little higher in carbs but it also has protein and studies state that low carb diet that are just a little bit less in fat.

Eat low starch veggies low carb diets who eat lots of veggies keep the weight off longer.

Drink lots of water.




Thankful List for today:
My family
That I was blessed to write this blog today
That I got to exercise today

3 Comments:

Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

i have to take a folic acid supplement to combat one of the side effects of my arthritis medication.

i live within my means...or try to...by brown bagging my lunch, cutting down my starbucks intake, selecting store brands over name brands in grocery shopping and some toiletries...also i have curbed my impulse spending.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You always have such good information on your blog.
Now that I have a house payment again, I've quit traveling and cut back on my impulse spending.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Thanks Chris and NIUiceprincess.
I am trting to cut down on impuls shopping as well. I have ADHD and people with ADHD can be prone to impulse shopping.
I write lists and try to stick with them. I online window shop a lot.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.