Saturday, March 10, 2007

When Bad Things Happen to Good Diets, Thankful, Favor Ideas

When Bad Things Happen to Good Diets


There is no room for ultra perfectionism in reforming your eating habits. Yes rules are great but most people fail because they make things to hard on themselves, too restrictive.
A diet that’s not livable works.
The people who I see who adapt an all or nothing will power usually fail in the end. If they eat a candy bar or one doughnut they get depressed instead of taking it from their calories, or from their points or from their crab allowance. Then they figure they’ve blown it and to take a break and start back on Monday but they can’t start back on Monday and they end up eating more. Studies shows those who start diets on Mondays are more likely to fail. Start now even if you just ate two banana splits find a TOPS or Weight watchers meeting or if you hate meetings join an online program like calorieking.com, weightwatchers.com

If weekends are hard plan to exercise more on weekends? Find some activates that require movement? If you do WW use your flex points for the weekends that are why they are there.

Sometimes bad things happen to good diets.

I mean sometimes your car breaks down and the only thing to eat while it’s getting fixed is burgers or pizza. Instead of saying woo I’ve blown it now.
.See how can you make it work?,
Do you see if you can make the item lighter like asking the pizza place for a small, or thin crust pizza and ask for less cheese.
Can you have two slices of real pizza and eat with a large salad?
Can you use marina dressing or salsa in case they do not have low calorie dressing. I do like to get some healthy olis in but many dressing over do it and I eat salads for bulk but some dressings can carry 1000 calories that’s more than a cheeseburger. I’d rather use my healthy oils for grilling vegetables or some baking.
Or maybe you want to eat four or five slices of pizza because the salads are fried and your really hungry.
Can you figure out what kind of workout to do to burn it off and stick with it? Can You take it from your daily calories?
If you decide on the burger place.
Can you get the children’s meal at the fast food restaurant or top a side salad on a small burger to ad bulk. Can you swap the fries out or order the child’s size fries?


Thankful List
That I got to spend time with my family
That I got to use my stepper
That it is a beautiful day


Party Planning: Favor Ideas
For those planning wedding or birthday Parties
This is for a wide range of budgets
You also want to consider age and safety at all parties

Lollypops "60 or less calories each"
Ring pops "60 calories each"
Fortune cookies "25 calories each"
Wedding bubbles “Can also be used for birthday parties”
Paper bags or takeout food containers filled with penny candy
Fancy bath salts
Crayons
Note books
Post cards


Update: I used my steper took a short walk and used my weights today.

6 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Tonight i am thankful i can read what you have to "say"... good stuff...

Thank you for sharing this post. It's very insightful, or rather it caused me to look inside at some of my behaviours and thoughts...

1:55 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I hear what you are saying, but sometimes it's just hard because I love food. AND I HATE that I can't eat all the food I love. And I hate how obsessed I am now over everything I eat. It's like when did food become a good and bad thing for me. BUT I hear what you are saying..it's just hard sometimes.

5:42 AM  
Blogger angelfish24 said...

The problem for me lately is letting emotions rule what I eat. Problems = making wrong food choices. It seemed so easy last year and I sailed thru wt loss. This year it has become a chore. But, your post got me thinking and I can do this one day at a time or maybe one hour at a time!
I'm thankful for: a loving family today.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Weight Master said...

Most people are like angelfish24. I know I am; however, we all have to have control over our emotions, and thats so hard.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Weight Master said...

Most people are like angelfish24. I know I am; however, we all have to have control over our emotions, and thats so hard.

9:17 AM  
Blogger PearShapedGirl said...

You've made some great points, iPortion. That's a problem that a lot of us with weight to lose have: beating ourselves up for one bad decision or setting our expectations too high. We have to work at bypassing the little slip-ups that just happen.

Take care,
PSG

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.