Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rest, Low Cost Hobbies, Thankfull

I was lazy today.
I did my stepper and weights today after a little nap. I couldn’t function without it and wouldn’t have exercised at all without the nap. I slept for a half hour to an hour. Sometimes our body needs rest.

Low Cost hobbies: I responded to pearshaped girl’s blog with this:
Hobbies do not have to cost a lot of money Even if you’re bad at it by practice you get better.
I decided to add more to the low cost hobbies;


1. Writing a book you already have a computer. I have ADHD and am Bad editor. I still got a couple of books published. Is there a poet, a columnist or a novelist in you? I don’t get much money from my writing but it’s a hobby I love.
2. Exercise to cheap DVDs: what a great hobby.
3. Bath salts “Epson Salt is very cheap” and you can treat yourself and your husband with the results. There recipes on the net.
4. Scrap/junk Artist: I am not talking about scrap book art but art made from scraps and junk. Make something beautiful.
5. You can get a book on giving back and foot massages for a hobby. The library might have some free resources.
6. Dancing: Well I am uncoordinated. Cheap how to DVDs can be found all over the place/
7. Volunteer work you seem to be so caring your hobby can be caring for others.
8. Make reading a hobby and make your destination the library.
9. Walking another cheap for of activity and you can walk with other people, and or walk dogs.
10. Scrap quilting. Make quilts out of used and torn clothes.


Arts on a Shoestring "Found this aricle"
http://www.stretcher.com/stories/07/07mar19c.cfm

Cheap Collections:
Collecting pretty rocks or pebbles.
Collecting new or used postcards
Collecting used stamps sent to you
Collecting leaves "People press them into books"
Collecting dust. “Kidding on that one”

Thankful list for today
My family
My few minute nap
That I got to spend time with my husband
Sugar free gum
That I used my stepper even though I didn't want to work out at all today

5 Comments:

Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

I hope to do a lot of scrapbooking this year. I have a ton of pictures in these boxes and I need to get into sorting and organizing them into a scrapbook.

What a good topic, thanks.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

:-) Thanks

Val

12:30 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Great lists! :D

2:58 AM  
Blogger PearShapedGirl said...

Thanks for the list, iPortion. You're right, hobbies don't *have* to cost a lot of money. My main interest is scrapbooking, and that can get so pricey because I love all the little extras that can be added to the pages. I think I'll make scrapbooking my second hobby and put more of a focus on some less-expensive pass-times.

Take care,
PSG

p.s. Thanks again for your encouraging comments on my blog, you make my day!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

PearShapedGirl
There a lot of budget hobies

well if you scrapbook you can make your own scrapbook stuff get some acid free paper card stock and not from a scrapbookstore, cookie cutters and you can make your own shapes. You can also make your own paper dolls. You can also use thin scrap cloth.

Scrapbooking on a budget
http://articles.scrapbooking.com/scrapbooking_on_a_budget.htm

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.