Sunday, February 18, 2007

Books Books and more books

I did weight train but I did nothing much else Saturday but look up recipes and hang out with my family. I fought the temptation to buy more books off of Amazon. I have so many books coming. I even decided to put Harry Potter on inner Library loan. I just have to read the last book.
I almost went to the library today as well.


I wasted a lot of time today just reading experts of cookbooks, novels and the like. Okay I did make a macaroni dish for my family. It turned out spectacular. My cooking is improving so much. I wanted to make cake but it wasn’t healthy eating that stopped me I was just too tired to bake one.

Has anyone ever went to a spa? I went to the beauty parlor a couple of times like every few years. I can count the times on my hand. I’ve never went to a super pricey salon or day spa. Was it worth it?


Sparks “This was written for my friend’s Susan’s Birthday a few months back”
VH Melville
There are magical sparks inside you that you do not realize your own light
There is magic outside even amongst the mist of shadows
They try to stop you to say you can not glow
But you can
And I can
The light has been given to use
We are the sparklers on birthday cakes
We are the lanterns
No matter your candle it gives the same light and warmth
It might look different than mine but together it gives off more light
And together another spark and another
To celebrate to join
And people will know you

5 Comments:

Blogger Sally JPA said...

I go to spas for a massage any chance I get. Massages are heavenly. You just have to be willing to be naked (they don't touch your butt or breasts, and they remain covered) and be willing to tell them whether you need less or more pressure. Massages are HEAVENLY.

To get them less expensively, you can also see if you have a massage therapy school in your area. The students are usually required to give them at much lower prices while they train. At least in Atlanta, in late spring you can get someone two weeks from graduation for a really great price!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Never been to a spa ever. I had to stay away from Amazon last night too.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I have never gone to a spa, but plan to someday. I have only known people who went there when they were given spa days as gifts, for example prior to a wedding or a special birthday. So they loved it, but they were not paying. I am a book buying binger, I love to read. I love to browse books. In fact I just love being close to mass quantities of books. I used to study in the library in college, going up to a floor that was vacant, just me and the books. I just love being surrounded by them. Thanks for sharing Sparks. It was beautiful.

8:40 PM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

i'm reading the It Girl series right now, by Cecily Von Ziegesar. I loved her Gossip Girl series but I don't wanna "commit" to buy new books especially ones that come in a series, so I borrowed from the library last week.

I like spas too but I can't afford to go to them all the time. Only when I get a gift certificate. I've had a $50 facial and a $60 "body wrap" thingy. They are very relaxing but so pricey, no wonder only rich people get to go regularly. But I think every girl should experience going to a spa at least once in her life. I'm thinking of going to Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa next month when I get my bonus as a treat to myself.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

the veggie paparazzo
I have been having such back aches
There are no spas around here so I have to do a self spa well it's cheaper

Living to Feel Good said...
I've never been to a spa either. Though when I was litle mom took me to get a massage from a hippy granny.
My love of books oh my love of books.

Cindy174 said... I am glad I am not the only book lover in the world. There are some cool home spa books I bet you could find.


NIUiceprincess
Sounds like a fun way to spend a bonus. I never read the gossip girl books. I have heard of them though.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.