Monday, February 12, 2007

Pricey dinner, Homemade chocolates.

Question: Did any one read the article about the $25,000 per head dinner? If you had the money would spend that much on one meal?

Do you feel Anti Valentine’s Day:
Until I met my husband I was usually ignored on valentine’s day. It wasn’t my least favorite holiday that was new years it was romantic and lonely.
Question: What’s the worst gift you have received or given?

Workout and stuff:
It was windy today. I’ve been under the weather lately but was feeling a tiny bit better today. I did my weight training early today and I got all my vegetables in and a walk.
More Home Made Candy
I made more homemade valentines candy again today. Next year I plan to do mail order of my husband’s favorite gourmet chocolate but I do enjoy making something that’s simple and personable. The biggest work is in clean up.
I made molded organic chocolates from organic chocolate chips and chocolate peanut butter truffle balls. I hope I can control myself. I do a little better with a little good chocolate and the molded ones are very good. I had a few samples.
With the balls I didn’t use any cream all the fat came from the peanut butter and chocolate but the molds I feel are better.
Is the good stuff worth?
Sometimes cheaper is better but sometimes it isn’t. Do you binge when you settle for something lesser? Bargain chocolates might not be such a bargain.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm one of those Anti Valentines day people - I can't stand it. I've been spending some time looking for Anti Valentines day stuff - eCards and Graphics to send to people.

Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind said it best. "Valentines Day is a holiday invented by greeting card companies to make single people feel like crap."

9:52 PM  
Blogger Weight Master said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a kinda funny vd story. Last year, I spent a lot of time designing my girlfriend(now fiancee) a Vermont Teddy Bear. It made it to me like 3 days early, and I was so excited. A day before VD, she said to me, "You know what xxx got yyy for VD, a teddy bear." And then she said, "That has to be the worst gift ever." I want to just shoot myself. I mean I spent quite a bit on this teddy bear that she would hate. So I got her a dozen roses AND gave her the Vermont Teddy Bear. She felt sooo terrible. Turns out her friend had just gotten a Kmart bear, which there's nothing wrong with that. She love her bear, but I was so worried. I didn't sleep that night.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's hard to believe people would spend money like that on a meal. I'd feel so guilty doing something like that. That kind of money would be a nice boost to a shelter or food pantry.

You are so creative. You've made some many things I've never attempted. You always make them sound fun and easy.
I met a woman in the produce aisle at the grocery store yesterday and we started chatting. She gave me a wonderful recipe for oriental coleslaw....I'm going to try it.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Marshmellow
In some parts of the US it’s even worse. Some states celebrate a cheap knock off of Valentine’s Day
Called Sweethearts day. It’s in October so I thought to start an anti-sweet heart day and combine valentine's day with halloween.

Weight Master
I think it doesn’t matter if it’s from wallmart as long as the person given has been though of. I do not want diamonds, my husband and I like books and tech stuff. I’d rather get a blender than jewelry but I am a little weird.

Chris
It was actually very easy. I haven’t attempted anything complicated in weeks.
Peanut butter balls 1/3 cup peanut butter 1/3 cup powdered sugar. But them in a bowl. Mix with a fork than shape with your hands. They take less than ten minutes. You make them real small so they’re less calories. If you buy better than butter you could probably make them less calories. Though I am not sure how they’d taste.

1:34 PM  
Blogger NIUiceprincess said...

i never had any bad gifts. i'm the type of person that appreciate any gift that comes my way, whatever it may be. but i guess the best gift i've had is my engagement ring (and the commitment to get married) :)

in terms of material things, i suppose it'll be my computer which my mom and sister got for me.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sally JPA said...

$100-200 for a meal? Maybe even $500? Sure. But $25k? Um, no. That's absurd. Food doesn't cost that much for them to prepare.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love peanut butter!!!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Chris
I hope you like it


NIUiceprincess said...I love your attitude of shear appreciation

The Veggie Paparazzo
I am thinking of making my own gourmet dinner

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge More blogs about iportion.